Jennifer Tubbs holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Liberty University in Virigina. Prior to that, she studied Mathematics at a college in Florida. After graduation from Liberty, began tutoring high school math at a local tutoring center. In addition, worked privately tutoring students, which quickly turned into a full-time job. She tutored everything math! Younger students. High School Students. ACT Prep. And everything in the middle. Life was good and it continued. She met, fell in love and married her husband Steven. Soon after, they were expecting their first child. A beautiful, red head, named Ally, was born. With her husband’s encouragement, Jen decided to begin her own tutoring center, By the Numbers Learning Center, a math tutoring and enrichment center in Madison, Alabama. She has been working tirelessly on this center for over a year now.
When Jen is not tutoring or teaching, she is playing with her daughter, spending time with her husband or cuddling with her 150 pound Great Dane, Charlie. She also LOVES watching sports, particularly the Kentucky Wildcats basketball team. If students want to get some brownie points with her, they should bring up how good University of Kentucky basketball will be this year!!!
From current and former students:
- “My son has been going here this semester for Algebra II/ Trig and it has helped him immensely. He comes out of tutoring understanding the work much better and doing very well on his tests. I would highly recommend By The Numbers Learning Center as a wonderful tutoring center.” – Karyn D.
- “Best place ever!! Worth every dime and more! My daughter struggles with Math. I can take her to Jen and she makes A’s everytime!!” – Sandy A.
- “I was looking for someone to work with my daughter on trigonometry and calculus. Mostly she just needed a really solid foundation in trig before moving on. We signed with Jen for 20 lessons to get that solid foundation. It went great. My daughter is learning the material, she loves working with Jen, and all of this went on as we were finishing up a major move from one coast to the other. Jen has been great to work with; she answers my questions about my daughter’s progress and send me updates when they change their meeting times. Signing up with Jen was probably the best thing we did for our daughter’s senior year of homeschooling.” – Laura W.
- “Jen Tubbs has been such a blessing to our family. My teenage boys don’t fight doing math, and they are making lots of progress! That is BIG!! She is helping them understand like they have never understood before. She has an easy going manner with teenagers, and that helps so much with the learning process. As a homeschool teacher, I appreciate her openness and feedback. She is a joy to work with!” – Cara A.
- “My son has enjoyed having Jen as his tutor and says she is the best. She is fun and has a relaxed approach. She allows him to be in control of how he completes and remits weekly assignments, which he appreciates. This has allowed him to learn how to manage his time on his own and gives him a sense of ownership. She is easy to communicate with during the week if he has a question. His overall math confidence has skyrocketed through working with Jen!” – Nicole B.