Jen Tubbs – Math
In 2009, Leah Bradley earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and although she did not head directly into a teaching environment, she knew some day she would. Fast forward a few years, and Leah is proud to say she is a homeschooling mom! In addition to teaching her own children, she also assists other homeschooling families by helping to teach theirs. She has spent several years tutoring and teaching high school courses. Leah and Jen became great friends in college while taking classes together, and Leah is excited to be able to extend her teaching horizon online with By the Numbers Learning.
When Leah isn’t teaching, she is usually reading or crafting in some way! She loves knitting, crocheting, sewing, and even quilting. Fun fact, she even knit the scarf she’s wearing in her profile pic!
Aaron McNully – History, English, Literature, Latin
Aaron McNully holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH). He graduated summa cum laude with an honors diploma and earned the highest possible academic recognition as undergraduate student of the year for both the Department of History and the entire College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. He is currently completing his master’s thesis and Master of Arts in US History at UAH. In the fall, Aaron will begin work on a Master of Arts in Teaching and teacher certification with a focus on secondary education. Aaron’s desire to begin teaching and tutoring professionally grew out of his volunteer work as a reading tutor at his children’s elementary school. When Aaron isn’t teaching or tutoring, he is normally spending time with his wife Mallery and their three kids, or he is reading. He reads a lot. Aaron is excited to join the By the Numbers team and provide tutoring in composition, language arts, Latin, and of course, history!
From current and former students:
- “My son has been going here this semester for Algebra II/ Trig and it has helped him immensely. He comes out of tutoring understanding the work much better and doing very well on his tests. I would highly recommend By The Numbers Learning Center as a wonderful tutoring center.” – Karyn D.
- “Best place ever!! Worth every dime and more! My daughter struggles with Math. I can take her to Jen and she makes A’s everytime!!” – Sandy A.
- “I was looking for someone to work with my daughter on trigonometry and calculus. Mostly she just needed a really solid foundation in trig before moving on. We signed with Jen for 20 lessons to get that solid foundation. It went great. My daughter is learning the material, she loves working with Jen, and all of this went on as we were finishing up a major move from one coast to the other. Jen has been great to work with; she answers my questions about my daughter’s progress and send me updates when they change their meeting times. Signing up with Jen was probably the best thing we did for our daughter’s senior year of homeschooling.” – Laura W.
- “Jen Tubbs has been such a blessing to our family. My teenage boys don’t fight doing math, and they are making lots of progress! That is BIG!! She is helping them understand like they have never understood before. She has an easy going manner with teenagers, and that helps so much with the learning process. As a homeschool teacher, I appreciate her openness and feedback. She is a joy to work with!” – Cara A.
- “My son has enjoyed having Jen as his tutor and says she is the best. She is fun and has a relaxed approach. She allows him to be in control of how he completes and remits weekly assignments, which he appreciates. This has allowed him to learn how to manage his time on his own and gives him a sense of ownership. She is easy to communicate with during the week if he has a question. His overall math confidence has skyrocketed through working with Jen!” – Nicole B.